We will encounter students and families this spring who need support in finding and understanding internet service options for their home.
BendBroadband Connect to Compete program: High-speed internet at $9.99/mth for certain local families. To qualify, families:
- must have one child in grades K-12
- must be eligible for free/reduced meals
- cannot have had a subscription to BendBroadband in the last 90 days
Families can reach out to their FAN advocate to apply: https://familyaccessnetwork.org/project/advocates/
FAN may have other local providers they can connect with also, so our first step should be to refer families to their neighborhood FAN advocate.
We will continue to post what we hear about other providers and coverage modifications related to COVID-19:
- Bend Broadband: “We’ve temporarily stopped disconnections, will waive late fees, and are not charging data cap overages.” (link to their COVID-19 page)
- CentruryLink: “We are proud to share that we’ve taken the Keep Americans Connected Pledge. This means that for the next 60 days, we’ve committed to waive late fees and to not terminate a residential or small business customer’s service due to financial circumstances associated with COVID-19. We are also suspending data usage limits for consumer customers during this time period due to COVID-19.” (link to their COVID-19 FCC pledge)
- T-Mobile: “customers as of March 13, 2020 who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).” (link to their COVID-19 page)
- Verizon Hotspots/Jetpacks: “automatically adding 15 GB of data across nearly all of our plans, to be used between 03/25/2020 and 04/30/2020.” (link to their COVID-19 page)
If you hear of additional offers or updates, please let us know in the chat in the bottom right corner of this page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!