Weeks of Welcome
IMPORTANT: ACTION REQUIRED!
WOW (Weeks Of Welcome) kicks off today! We’re excited to get an early start so don’t wait to check out our wow.hdesd.org website for information on how we’re kicking off the 2020-21 school year.
Thanks for tuning in for Paul’s weekly August update. Here are a few of the highlights:
- We’ve got this! This year promises to be very different…and challenging…and innovative. The good news is, we’ve been planning and preparing and we’re in a good place to take on the challenge of kicking off the year within a Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) model. We’ve got this!
- Weeks Of Welcome Our all-staff “welcome back looks very different this year and it starts today! Visit wow.hdesd.org.
- Metrics for re-opening OHA & ODE COVID-19 metrics will likely require all districts in our region to open in the fall in a Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) model with limited in-person instruction.
- Limited in-person instruction This is new, we just learned about it yesterday, and it may apply to some of the students we serve. We don’t know what it will look like yet, but we think we will continue working remotely for at least the first 6 weeks, and probably beyond.
- Hub + Spoke Model As part of our internal re-opening efforts, we’ve launched a Hub + Spoke model to create a coordinated, aligned, non-linear and inclusive planning process for our internal ESD fall reopening. We have a hub team (10 people) and 9 spoke teams. You’ll be hearing more.
- EI/ECSE Guidance We’re still waiting and hoping to know more before the end of this week.
Other Updates Covered in the Video
- Unemployment Checks
- Productivity (and expectations as we work remotely)
- State School Fund
While we continue to not have all the answers right away, I’m asking that you continue to share your questions, concerns and ideas with us via the Your Voice form.
We will see you together next time on Thursday, September 3 at 9:00 a.m. Until then!