Work @ Home
Tips & Tricks
As we work at home this month, we may be missing some of our office creature comforts. From casual hallway chats and a bottomless coffee pot to printers and scanners and dual monitors to culture of care pick-me-up post-its and more, working at home is different. This page includes tips and tricks gathered from HDESD staff and our peers across the Pacific Northwest.
Tips for Working at Home
Top 10 Work from Home Productivity Tips (and How to Not Go Crazy!)
8 REALISTIC Work From Home Tips (For the Easily Distracted)
How to Manage Stress While Working from Home
How to Actually Work...When You’re Working from Home
Video Conferencing Help in Spanish
Our districts will be using varied video conferencing tools with students this spring. Here is a quick rundown with how to access support for each in Spanish and other languages:
- Bend will be using WebEx: https://help.webex.com/es-co/ (language options are in top bar)
- Crook County and HDESD will be using Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/es (language options at bottom)
- Redmond and Sisters will be using Google Meet: https://support.google.com/meet/?hl=es#topic=7306097 (language options at bottom)
- Some other Oregon districts may use GoToMeeting: https://www.goto.com/es/resources (language options in top bar)
Featured Tool Tip
Zoom has become the world of distributed work this month. Globally, nationally, and right here at HDESD. Here are a few things to know as we start this month of working at home.
- Zoom is paying attention to security and exponential growth and has been adjusting daily. You can read more about that on their COVID-19 resources page.
- They have an excellent help center that has resources in multiple languages. Visit the Zoom Centro de ayuda for Spanish-language support.
- Don’t be like Tony! (see video below)
- Learn how to run a better virtual meeting via Harvard Business Review. (Thanks, Anna Higgins!)
- And feel free to join us for our weekly Zoom opporuntinies. Check out the professional learning schedule for details.
Work at Home Likes
- Reduced Commuting Costs
- More Family Time
- More Casual Outfits
Work at Home Struggles
- Trouble Focusing
- My Home Office Needs Updates and Tech
Let’s Learn Together!
Spring 2020 will be an interesting month, full of both challenges and opportunities.